Friday, December 31, 2004

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Here I am on a quiet Friday, my first New Year's Eve as a resident of Las Vegas. 300,000 people are supposed to be on the strip tonight, and I'm going to give them a wide berth. Our New Year's Eve celebrations have always been out of the ordinary. We prefer a private party to a mass of screaming people.

The fireworks on the strip will be cancelled if the winds are blowing over 10 m.p.h., and the weatherman says that's very likely, on top of the rain that may be falling. Maybe it will be a better idea for us to heat up the spa and sip champagne to see in the new year. The one major difference between this year's celebration and last year's is that I'll be beside my husband, the whole reason we moved to Las Vegas. I like that tradition and I'd like it to continue for the rest of our lives.

Link of the day: The official Las Vegas web site.

1 Comments:

At 12/31/2004 8:11 PM, Blogger Bay in TN said...

Well, you know, there's not a lot going on in this little town, so I don't have a lot to choose from. At the same time, I don't have to avoid 300,000 people in one spot, and that makes me *very* happy.

I'll be shooting off one multi-shot fireworks thingie (this year's selection is dubbed the "Texas Cyclone" and cost $8.99 at the local pyrotechnics emporium/gas station). And I'm wondering how the Reege will look in Dick Clark's spot.

Happy New Year, Amy's Head!!!!!!! (And the rest of Amy, too!)

--Bay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home