Sunday, June 19, 2005

My, how time flies

I'm guilty. I'm one of the millions who created a blog, edited it for a while, then got busy doing other stuff and just let it sit here gathering dust and giving bloggers a bad reputation.

So what have I been up to? Well, the job I talked about in January is going strong. I'll be out of my probationary period in mid-July, at which time I'll be allowed to start taking leave. WOOHOO!!!! I haven't taken any vacation since March 2004. I'm tired. I want a vacation. Speaking of which...

We've scheduled a cruise for this November. Our last cruise was in October 2002 on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas. I hadn't really thought myself a cruise-type person, but I was wrong. We still talk about what a great time we had. It's wonderful to wake up each day and see the ocean outside your window or a new adventure just waiting for you to explore. Last time it was the western Caribbean (and yes, we picked a bad month for that itinerary, what with hurricane season, but it still turned out well); this time we'll be seeing the Mexican Riviera on NCL's Star. Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta -- names I remember from the Love Boat.

What else? Just off the top of my head, here are some things that have happened since last I wrote: We hosted the Where's George gathering in Las Vegas, my niece Emily came to visit, my sister had several articles and layouts published in a popular scrapbooking magazine, and we went to visit dear friends in San Diego. Just sitting here trying to think up this list, I'm realizing how many things have happened that I should have written about. Perhaps I'll do a better job from now on...but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home