Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Caterpillars don't have beaks!


And that, my friends, is a beak! (Click the image to see a larger version.)

I'm still not a very convincing mama bird, I'm afraid. This is as much activity as I could get out of these little birds this afternoon. I moved the branch just a little, and one lazy little beak popped up as if its owner were saying, "Umm, yeah. See, I'm sleeping here. And if you really, really want to stuff something into my crop, I'll let you. But right now I have some resting to do, 'K?"

I continue to fiddle with the webcam in an effort to get a faster refresh rate. I may be moving everything to another computer because now I'm thinking that the computer I have the program running on just isn't fast enough. Purely selfish -- I want to see these babies move! And they're about to be big enough to pop their little spiky heads over the top of that nest!

1 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

OOoh, it won't be long and they'll look like honest to goodness birdies!
This is just so exciting to watch--thanks for all your efforts to share your birds with cyberspace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home