Thursday, March 30, 2006

New webcam stuff and the latest pictures

First of all, I'm trying a new webcam protocol. In an effort to provide a better picture, I'm trying out the Windows Media Encoder. This method requires the the viewer to have Windows Media Player, which I understand is available for both Windows and Mac platforms. The link is mms://www.usturners.com:81. Note the "mms" at the beginning instead of http. This link should open up your Windows Media Player and start buffering the streaming video coming from my computer. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you. I'm still trying to find the best way to share my little birds with the world. The quest for a good camera continues. Until I find a good camera, though, I'm afraid the picture will be out of focus.

Speaking of focus, here are the badly focused pictures taken today. Both babies are happily squirming, and I swear I can already tell they've grown. Here's a picture that shows just a hint of baby fuzz.


And here's a picture of a tiny yellow beak -- see it there at the top right of that black blob? The blob is the head, and the yellow attachment is a beak. As always, you can click on the picture to see a larger version. I promise I'll get some good pictures someday! Really I will! I just never have the time to take a good picture. When the mother leaves the nest, I zip in, snap three or four fast shots, and then run away within a minute.


Stay tuned! It's going to get better from here on!

1 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

Isn't it amazing how they start out with these stubby little bills? At least, the photos I've seen show that--you are getting to see it up close!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home