Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why, hello there!


My heavens! Somehow the word has gotten out about my hummingbird nest! Welcome, hummingbird fans!

The stars of the show seem a little quieter than usual today -- do you suppose they know they're being watched? If you haven't seen mom and the kids yet, do check back now and then. I promise they'll make an appearance sooner or later. I occasionally watch the camera from work and after a few minutes I start worrying that mom has abandoned the kids. Just about the time I get panicky, she's back on the nest, feeding the kids. I'll try to get some good stills this afternoon. I haven't had great success yet, but I promise my next picture will look like birds, not caterpillars.

I'm just so glad y'all are here! Thanks for sharing this fascinating event with me!

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Bay in TN said...

Welcome to the new viewers!!!!! What fun to watch the stats *jump* so dramatically. It's cool enough that Yamy has baby hummingbirds in her back yard... it's *so much* cooler that she has people watching with her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home