Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More flip-flops than Miami Beach

OK, now they're just showing off. Beak to tail, then beak to beak, and now they're beak to tail again. Tomorrow I bet they're going to be stacked one on top of the other holding sparklers in their beaks and whistling "Entry of the Gladiators." (Don't recognize the name? Here's a sample of the music. You'll recognize it!)

I've been looking around for better webcam technology, and boy, have I been shamed. Take a look at this eagle nest cam. The subjects themselves are breathtaking, and I have some serious technology envy. I almost got depressed, but then I remembered -- I have a hummingbird nest in my own back yard. I feel better now.

Besides, the eagles would probably wreck that bush.

5 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

Okay, now they are officially cute baby birds! Have they been trying to perch on the nest edge at all?

 
At 4/12/2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Amy said...

They must be starting to move around, considering the way their positions have been changing. I haven't caught them on the edge of the nest yet, but it shouldn't be long!

 
At 4/12/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Bay in TN said...

OMG -- ROFL -- "Entry of the Gladiators"???? Isn't that the classic circus clown music? Perfect!!!!

--Bay

 
At 4/12/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Bay in TN said...

Oh, you got the music link to work! YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!

 
At 4/13/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

That is scary clown music, not gladiator music, LOL.

The map is telling me hummingbirds have been spotted on the Lake Michigan side of the state. This is early, but the first feeder goes up today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home