Thursday, April 13, 2006

I think we have an answer to the boy/girl question


Take a look at those chin feathers! I do believe we have a little boy there on the left and a little girl there on the right. I think that's going to be a black chin on that black-chinned hummingbird!

Welcome to all the wonderful people from Infotec's eagle nest cam. I was amazed at the number of hits my little hummingbird cam got today! I hope you weren't too disappointed in the quality of my webcam after seeing the great image of the eagles. I hope these stills help make up for the fuzzy webcam.

Hey, look! I spy some green on that little bird! I think this is the first picture that shows any green in the feathers. I usually take the pictures in the late afternoon, so there's no bright sunshine. I'm sure we'll see lots more green soon...when they're coming to the feeder on their own!

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

I was watching these guys last evening on the webcam, and they are really moving around in there, aren't they? It looked at one point like maybe one was stretching its wings. Are they doing that?

You realize your blog will be passed around now in years to come, just like that other hummingbird nest site, right?

 
At 4/14/2006 7:02 AM, Blogger Amy said...

These two are getting to be very active these days. I hope I can get some good pictures of them this weekend, maybe catch them trying out their wings!

I've tried to document their growth as well as I can without disturbing the nest too much. I looked as hard as I could for a webcam that could be put closer and focused better. They're such tiny things, it's hard to see them unless you're really close to them. I've never done a webcam before, so this has been a real learning experience. I'm so glad so many people have stopped by! And I'm especially glad my sister has a friend who's such a knowledgeable birder!

 
At 4/14/2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bottom photo is amazing.

I love your still photos! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home